Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday September 17th, 2008

I just got back from a speech by a motivational speaker.
It's diversity week, and the action committee at Hillel organized this activity.

He was a powerful speaker. He's quite an actor.

I have no idea how to convey the strength of his message.

One thing he related which I will never forget is that

the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fransisco is the #1 suicide spot in the world.
There are hundreds of stories
one is that a man committed suicide, and his psychiatrist searched his apartment for a note

the note was brief:

I'm walking to the bridge
If one person smiles at me along the way
I won't jump


This note was found after the man committed suicide.

TEARS. I'm still crying

I got a roll of toilet paper for the snot.

Smile at people... it could mean a lot.

Other than that...

I had engineering analysis today, and there was a quiz at the end. The quiz was to write "a simple program in MATLAB" that did a. b. c. d. e. f. g. and h.

It was hard.
It was supposed to take ten minutes but everyone took at least 30, my group about 40.

I think we succeeded at last.
Budny recognizes me as the girl who asks questions that stump him, and the girl who wears purple, and the only student in the class who brought a stapler. stapler girl. purple girl.

I got my letter of recommendation back, the one I was supposed to write about myself. I did pretty well
93%/ A

four points taken off for formatting??!! How can I be an engineer and make such careless errors...

I should have learned by now to remember my mistakes and not make them twice.
I have a pretty thorough resource on formatting now. took care of it.

yeahhhh I don't remember anything else interesting that happened today

ok bye

No comments: